Please Read – A Message from the WAHHI President, Board and Council Regarding Upcoming Events
I wanted to send a personal note to you to let you know how we are responding to the COVID-19 situation. We take our responsibility to our members very seriously. From the onset of this situation, we have been listening to the appropriate sources for accurate and up-to-date information. We are actively monitoring the situation and assessing risks.
At today’s Board and Council meeting, we decided to cancel the following events in an abundance of caution and to ensure a high level of safety for our members:
- Visiting Author Series: Marshall Watson event (March 18)
- Chef Series: Sallie Anne Robinson event (March 23)
- Member Services Open House (April 8)
- WAHHI Luncheon (April 21)
If you paid for one of the above events, we will refund your registration fee in two ways.
- Online to your card if you paid by Credit Card; or
- If you paid by check for the April luncheon, we will send you an email to notify you that your check will be shredded. If you would prefer to pick up your check, please make arrangements with Anne Lambdin at Reservations@wahhi.org or if you have any questions.
- If you paid by check for either the Author or Chef event, you will receive a WAHHI check for your refund.
- Please allow a few weeks for processing the refunds.
If you would like to donate your registration fee to the WAHHI Charitable Fund for either the Author or Chef event, please contact the event organizer below with your instructions. Also, if you purchased a Marshall Watson book, please contact Linda regarding your delivery or refund options.
- Author Series – Linda Kennen at Lindaskennen@gmail.com
- Chef Series – Tamra Avrit at email@example.com
Interest Group Leaders and Groups may continue to evaluate their activities. If large group events are planned, we recommend either a deferment or cancellation of the activity be strongly considered. If you have any health issues or suspect you may have been exposed to the virus, we respectfully ask you stay safely at home for any scheduled Interest Group activity.
The following events will continue to be evaluated and updated communication sent in April:
- Earth Day EcoFilm Festival (April 22)
- Visiting Author Series: Kristy Woodson Harvey (April 23)
- Interest Group Leader/Ambassador Appreciation Luncheon (May 4)
- Visiting Author Series: Mary Alice Monroe (May 21)
We will continue to communicate with you in a timely and transparent way. We recognize this is a challenging time for all, and we remain deeply committed to the safety of our members and Lowcountry community. Please take care of yourself and each other at this time.