Since our founding in 1961, WAHHI has donated thousands of dollars to projects that benefit our community. In 2017, we established the WAHHI Charitable Fund administered by The Community Foundation of the Lowcountry. Since then, we’ve awarded grants to local charitable organizations to support specific program needs. Our grantees include community pillars such as The Children’s Center, The Literacy Center, Family Promise, Coastal Discovery Museum and many more.
Our grants are given to projects that align with the core values expressed in WAHHI’s mission statement: To facilitate communication among women, to encourage projects that benefit the community and to promote the natural and cultural beauty of the Lowcountry.
2022 WAHHI Charitable Fund Grants
- Our application submission deadline is Nov. 18, 2021.
- WAHHI will continue to support women and children in our community.
- As we emerge from the many challenges of a pandemic and begin to return to more normal activities of life, the importance of being able to weather unexpected events is more clear than ever before Grants for 2022 will focus on a number of aspects of community resilience. The grants will encourage and recognize programs that respond to the ever-changing needs of our community through innovative approaches to meet community challenges.
How to Apply for a Grant:
Local charities are encouraged to review the WAHHI Charitable Fund Grant Application and apply for grants (up to $1,500) that support programs designed specifically for the benefit of cultural and environmental dimensions of WAHHI’s mission. All applications will be reviewed by the WAHHI Charitable Fund Committee and awards will be submitted to the WAHHI Council for approval. All grant applicants are required to meet four criteria:
- Applicant must have 501(c)(3) status.
- Applicant must fit our area of focus.
- Applicant must serve our geographical area.
- Applicant must have offices located in the geographical boundaries as defined by the WAHHI constitution.
If your organization is a registered 501(c)(3) and would like to apply for a grant from WAHHI Charitable fund, please click here to download an application. Deadline for Grant Applications is Nov. 18, 2021
How to Support the Fund:
When you join WAHHI or renew your membership at the Diamond level ($60), $25 will be donated to the WAHHI Charitable Fund to support 2022 community grants and gifts. You are encouraged to support our varied fundraising activities throughout the year. It is also possible to make a one-time or recurring donation to the WAHHI Charitable Fund by visiting the WAHHI donation page on the Community Foundation of the Lowcountry website. Donations may be paid via credit card online (credit card processing fee applies) or by check via mail. Gifts made to the WAHHI Charitable Fund through the Community Foundation may be made in honor of or in memory of someone, or as a charitable donation.Donate