This Interest Group is comprised of over 100 active and volunteer-minded members who have FUN meeting some of the short-term needs of worthwhile charitable organizations in our area.
In 2021-22, these women have led our Association’s efforts to:
- Build children’s literacy through the Free Little Library Program at four outreach locations – over 800 new books were collected last Fall to restock these little libraries.
- Address food insecurity in our community through a food drive for Second Helpings – over 1,300 lbs. of food and $1,137 in cash were contributed.
- Pledge the Pink Walk brought out over 40 WAHHI volunteers to set up, support, and cheer hundreds of walkers to raise funds for the cancer charity of their choice.
- Build goodwill through Operation Morale Support by collecting soccer balls, beanie babies, and stuffed animals requested by our troops in Syria to distribute to children in this war-torn area.
- Support home ownership for a deserving family by helping to finish a newly built Habitat home on HHI.
- Bring joy and laughter during the holidays to The Children’s Center and Bluffton Self Help through the Annual WAHHI Holiday Toy Drive collection – over 40 bags of toys and cash donations were delivered.
- Promote environmental awareness by filling 150 bags of oyster shells used to build oyster habitats and promote oyster shell recycling efforts in collaboration with Outside Foundation.
- Show our respect and appreciation for our police and fire first responders during the annual February luncheon collection and delivery of cookies.
- Support the developmentally disabled in our community by helping with the annual SOAR Valentine’s Party with a purchase of party favors and assistance with festivities.
- Offer helping hands with the Pregnancy Center & Clinic of the Lowcountry annual gala preparations, set up and hostessing.
A huge THANK YOU to the leadership of Difference Makers and every WAHHI member who contributed to the success of these efforts.
The Difference Makers are happy to entertain opportunities to support a local nonprofit organization in making a difference in a day. If you have an opportunity that you would like us to consider, please click the link below to complete our application. We receive many requests during the year and will try to accommodate as many as possible! Please make sure to add your group’s contact information.