Since our founding in 1961, WAHHI has donated thousands of dollars to projects that benefit our community. In 2016, we established the WAHHI Charitable Fund administered by The Community Foundation of the Lowcountry. Since then, we’ve awarded grants to local charitable organizations to support specific program needs. Our grantees include community pillars such as The Children’s Center, The Literacy Center, Family Promise, Coastal Discovery Museum and many more.
Our grants are given to projects that align with the core values expressed in WAHHI’s mission statement: To facilitate communication among women, to encourage projects that benefit the community, and to promote the natural and cultural beauty of the Lowcountry.
2023 WAHHI Charitable Fund Grants
- Our application submission deadline is Nov. 18, 2022.
- WAHHI will continue to support women and children in our community.
- The 2022-2023 Charitable Grants will focus on meeting the ever-changing needs of the community. Applications will be scored by the Charitable Grants Committee and reviewed by WAHHI Council. The selection of recipients will be made in early January 2023 and designated nonprofits will be invited to the WAHHI February Event to receive their Grant and to share information on their project plans and the indicated outcome of their proposal.
How to Apply for a Grant:
Local charities are encouraged to review the WAHHI Charitable Fund Grant Application which will be available through the online grants portal in early September. Local nonprofits can apply for a grant that support programs that are aligned with WAHHI’s mission. All applications will be reviewed by the WAHHI Charitable Fund Committee and awards will be submitted to the WAHHI Council for approval. All grant applicants are required to meet four criteria:
- Applicant must have 501(c)(3) status.
- Applicant must fit our area of focus.
- Applicant must serve our geographical area.
- Applicant must have offices located in the geographical boundaries as defined by the WAHHI constitution.
If your organization is a registered 501(c)(3) and would like to apply for a grant from WAHHI Charitable fund, You may access the Women’s Association of Hilton Head Island Charitable 2022- 2023 grant application at:
The deadline for Grant Applications is Nov. 18, 2022